- hot glue gun
- green sequence
- green glitter
- white poofs
- mod podge
I found these shoes at Goodwill for $4
1) I first hot glued the sequence. I originally planned to put the sequence all over the entire shoe but when I realized how TIME CONSUMING it was I totally changed my plan of action. If you use Crocs type shoes it would totally look cute covered in it though! Instead I just glued it around the rubber part of the shoe.
2) Once that was done I covered the shoes in the Mod Podge then poured the loose glitter all over them. WAY quicker and easier than the sequence. However, I also had glitter EVVVVERYWHERE.
3) I used hair spray and covered the shoes with it over and over and over again. Yes, they were sticky but it really helped the lose glitter to stay put! Her dress ended up causing more glitter than the shoes did which was good! Once I felt like they had enough layers of the hair spray I hot glued a pom-pom on each shoe and they were good to go!
I learned a valuable lesson when making these shoes. Sometimes, "doing it yourself' is NOT worth it. This was one of those times. It took me a LOT of time and energy to make the shoes and I don't even think I really saved much money. The Disney version of the real shoes were $10. Yes, I'd have to pay shipping but I spent close to $10 on the shoes I made and I would gladly pay the $5 shipping cost to NOT spend the hours I spent making them. Especially when THIS was how they looked by the end of Halloween: