Sunday, February 14, 2010

Quick, EASY Stir-Fry

My soon-to-be one year old son has started to be in a rather picky stage with food where you can't just give him raw, cooked veges and expect him to eat them. I know MOST mommies out there can easily come up with ways of getting those veges into foods but I have a hard time making things up on my own without a recipe...

But I did it this time! And I'm proud of it!

I buy LOTS of different frozen vegetables (aren't as healthy as fresh, aren't as bad as canned though either) and will put a handful of each into a large skillet. Pour in a little olive oil and some teriyaki sauce and let it cook until the veges are soft. I then use a sharp knife and cut it all up while in the pan. My son LOVES it and while he'll NEVER eat broccoli he gobbles it down when I make this!

Some of the frozen foods I've used include: broccoli, cauliflower, squash, carrots, butter beans, green beans, asparagus, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, peas, corn, and anything else I can come up with!!!

I feel like all foods stay good for about a week then I toss them. This is the ONE thing I make that I KNOW he'll gobble up every time I feed it to him during that week! Even my hubby says it smells good enough to eat and he is pretty picky with vegetables!
  
Anyone else have any quick, easy, healthy food tips I can use? Anyone try my stir-fry with good results? Or add anything to it that makes it even a bigger hit? Let me know! 

No comments: