Monday, September 16, 2013

Poppy Seed Chicken and Noodles

My sweet sister-in-law made this dish for me after I had surgery and it was SO GOOD I ate it for several meals while resting in the bed :) When I cooked it for the first time my son said it's his most favorite thing I've cooked yet!

Ingredients

  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
  • 1 tsp poppy seeds or more if desired
  • 12 oz sour cream (I used 1 and 1/2 of the 8 oz serving containers)
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 box fettuccine noodles (I used whole wheat)

 Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Cook 1/2 box of noodles, according to package
  3. Boil chicken on high heat until boils then reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 20 minutes. Drain and then shred.
  4. Mix sour cream and soup in a bowl...I also seasoned with salt and pepper
  5. Combine butter, crackers and seeds in a separate bowl
  6. Pour 1/2 soup mix in baking dish then top with chicken, noodles, remaining half of soup mix, finally top with cracker mix
  7. Bake for 25-30 minutes
When I made this I realized once I had already started preparing it that I had bought sesame seeds rather than poppy ones! Oops! I just didn't have seeds in it and it was still SUPER yummy! I can't wait to try it again with the seeds next time ;)


No comments: