2 cups sugar
4 Tbl cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
3 cups oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Combine sugar, milk, butter and cocoa in saucepan and bring to a boil
2. While waiting for it to boil lay out your wax paper and mix the oats, peanut butter and vanilla into a large bowl (using your hands is the easiest way to do it!)
3. Let saucepan mixture boil for 1 1/2 minutes
4. Pour hot mix over oat mix, stir immediatly
5. Drop onto wax paper by the spoonful and let set
I've noticed that if it's raining outside sometimes they take a LONG time to "dry" so I'll let them sit out on the wax paper longer or will put them in the fridge...or just eat them gooey. Also I like to dump the saucepan mix into the bowl mix, stir, then go ahead and fill the saucepan with warm soapy water so it's easier to clean, then go back and spoon the cookies onto the wax paper. Makes cleanup a little quicker and allows them to sort of start the setting process so they aren't as gooey when spooning them out.
I'd LOVE to hear how much you enjoy them - gotta drink some milk with 'em. Trust me they are GOOD!!!!