Thursday, June 10, 2010

Frozen Ban-Ola

 This one looks very gross but it's a big hit for snack time! I got this recipe from Wholesome Toddler Foods and it is a great way to get your toddler to eat fruit, dairy, and some healthy grains!

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium banana, peeled
  • 1/2 cup crushed granola
  • plain or vanilla yogurt (blueberry works well too)
Directions:
  1. Dip banana in your choice of yogurt
  2. Roll banana in crushed granola
  3. Place in freezer bag and freeze. To thaw just put out for a couple of minutes until soft enough to cut.
    I used blueberry yogurt and I did 1/3 of a banana as a serving as the bananas I bought were rather large. I think I made about 9 servings of it and freezed them. They thaw very quickly so it's a good quick snack food. The cold is great for a teething toddler as well! And it's a very easy finger food for him. He loves this snack but I only give it to him on days where he doesn't eat a lot of other dairy. He eats banana each morning and I don't like to overdue it on the banana or on the dairy as he's a milk lover!

    No comments: