Friday, June 11, 2010

Surprise-icle

I found this recipe online out of the cookbook The Sneaky Chef by Missy Chase Lapine. It is a great summer treat that sneaks in both carrots and sweet potatoes!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup Mott's Medleys Juice, Tropical Flavor
  • 1/4 cup Orange Puree
  • 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • rainbow sprinkles, optional (I didn't use them, my child isn't old enough to notice!)
Directions:
  1. Blend ingredients except sprinkles together in blender until smooth. Drop a few spinkles (if desired) into each popsicle mold and then pour equal amounts of the mixture in each. Insert stick and freeze for at least 3 hours. (I have that popsicle making set of 4 molds and it fit perfectly!) 
I haven't had Kye try this yet as I just haven't been home around snack time but I'm sure he will like it! Especially since he's teething right now and anything cold always helps :)

    No comments: