Friday, December 6, 2013

Captain Hook No-Sew Vest

We liked to have themed family Halloween costumes but I don't like to break the bank to make it work. I hunted Pinterest for ideas for my husband to be Captain Hook (I was Wendy, Kye was Peter Pan and Britt was Tink!) and found this great tutorial! I put my own spin on it to make it work for an adult and I really love the finished product!

Supplies

  • hot glue gun
  • red t-shirt
  • black felt
  • gold ribbon
  • scissors

Instructions:

1. First I cut off the sleeves of the shirt and then cut the shirt down the middle of the front part. Making it a "vest" rather than a t-shirt!

2) Next I cut the felt into strips and made a larger portion of the felt for the bottoms. I hot glued them onto the shirt. The strips went along the opening of the vest and the larger parts went at the bottom.
 3) Finally I cut the ribbon into strips and hot glued it on where I wanted it!
 Finished Product!
We already had the hook and I bought the hat at Hobby Lobby for $3. I had Zach wear a white dress shirt under the vest and he paired it with gray jeans and Captain Hook was born! Simple, CHEAP costume that I really loved!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for this great idea! It really helped make our Halloween!

Ashley said...

Thanks for this great idea! It really helped make our Halloween!