An easy party food to make in advance! Keep your party day prep to a minimum and still wow 'em! (this is double the original recipe as these are so good you'll want plenty!)
- 2 cans crescent roll dough
All other ingredients are not exact, you can eye ball the amounts and easily trade things out to make your own original combinations!
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 48 slices pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 2 cans pizza sauce (28 oz)
- 2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- On a large baking sheet pinch together 8 crescent roll triangles into 4 separate rectangles. Gently stretch out the dough a little bit
- Spread desired amount of pizza sauce over the dough followed by mozzarella and pepperonis
- DO NOT overload it! I made the mistake of putting too many toppings on and then not being able to roll it ;)
- Once each rectangle has the toppings, start at the long end of each dough and roll tightly in a log. Repeat with each rectangle.
- Place in freezer until firm, about 15 min.
- Remove from freezer and cut each log into 6-8 pieces. Sprinkle with italian seasoning.
- At this point if you are making them in advance you can freeze them! I made mine a few days prior to my party and froze them and they were fabulous :)
- When ready to cook preheat oven to 375
- Bake until golden brown (roughly 12 min, maybe longer if straight from freezer). Serve with remaining pizza sauce for dipping!