Thursday, September 12, 2013

Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice

I love crock pot recipes! Super easy to prepare and always very yummy! 

Ingredients

  • 4 chicken breasts
  • 1 8oz box of yellow rice - cooked (I can't ever find it sold in 8 oz portions so I've used both 5 oz and 10 oz size and it turns out great either way)
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (15 oz) can whole kerneled corn, drained
Directions
  1. Place chicken in crock pot
  2. Spoon gallops of soup on top (I also sprinkle with salt and pepper)
  3. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours
  4. Before serving add rice, corn and cheese. Stir to combine then serve hot!
I usually don't even defrost the chicken first. I stick the breasts in the crockpot first thing in the morning with the soup and just let it cook all day. Then I shred the chicken up once I am ready to add the rice and corn!

No comments: