Thursday, September 12, 2013

Lemon Butter Potatoes

I first had this recipe at my son's thanksgiving celebration at school. It was so good I went back for seconds and asked for the recipe! I now make this as a side dish for our family at least a couple times a month, it's one of my personal favorites for sure. 

Ingredients

  • 1 bag dutch baby potatoes or honey gold potatoes (I use the honey gold)
  • 2 Tbl water
  • 4 Tbs butter
  • Juice of 1 lemon (I used the lemon juice concentrate and 3 Tbl of that equals one lemon)
  • 1 tsp Everglades Seasoning

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 450
  2. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray
  3. Clean potatoes and cut in half 
  4. Place in a bowl with the water. Cover and microwave for 7-8 Minutes
  5. Cut butter into small pieces over the bowl then add lemon juice and seasoning and stir until well mixed with potatoes
  6. Spread in single layer on baking dish and bake for 10-12 minutes
I usually will go ahead and clean potatoes and put them in the bowl earlier in the day so they are ready to cook in microwave when I'm ready to prepare dinner!

No comments: