My husband is a typical "meat and potatoes" type guy so I like to find a variety of ways to serve up one of his favorite side dishes! This is a SIMPLE twist on the typical baked potato and he's in LOVE with it!
- Baking potatoes
- olive oil
- sea salt (or regular table salt is fine too)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Wash potatoes and prick lightly with a fork 2-3 times
- Cook in microwave for 8 minutes, turning after 4.
- You want to be able to feel a little give in the skin but not so much that it breaks
- Remove them from microwave and brush with olive oil and salt
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
This recipe makes the skin SUPER yummy! I cook four potatoes...one for myself, one for the kids to split and two for Zach ;)